Stairlifts are motorised seats that glide up and down the stairs via a metal rail that’s fitted to the stair treads (not to the wall as so often thought). Staircases can vary widely, so we offer a variety of different stairlifts to accommodate most scenarios. Our surveyors are happy to discuss your individual requirements and recommend the stairlift that’s right for you. We can also offer reconditioned and rental lifts (subject to availability); please ask the surveyor for a quote.
Ascendit lifts provide some of the best chair lifts for elderly people and have been known to be one of the best stairlift companies in Surrey.
There are two main types of stairlifts - straight and curved stairlifts.
Straight stairlifts are fitted to staircases with no bends. This is the simplest form of stairlift, where the staircase is completely straight.
Curved stairlifts are fitted to staircases that have one or more bends and require a bespoke rail.
We can also supply and fit child stairlifts and external straight stairlifts.
Stairlifts are designed for ease of use and come with the following options as standard
- Battery power - the stairlift will still operate in the event of a power cut
- A footplate linked to the seat, armrest, carriage handle or powered push button for ease of folding up when not in use
- A safety system will stop the lift if an obstacle is encountered on the stairs
- Safety key switch to isolate the chair - so children aren’t able to play on it
- Choice of upholstery colours
Upgrade options are also available for example: powered swivel seat, choice of chair controls and seat belts.