Do I need a stairlift?
Stairlifts provide safety and comfort for anyone experiencing difficulty using a staircase. They provide access to areas that have often become unreachable, giving users back their sense of freedom.
I am quite tall, can I fit on a stairlift?
Yes. Seats are adjustable to suit different heights.
Can a stairlift take my weight?
- Straight stairlifts can transport weights of up to 160kg or 25 stone
- Curved track stairlifts can transport weights of up to 145kg or 23 stone
- Through-floor lifts can transport weights of up to 250kg or 39 stone
- External lifts can transport weights of up to 300kg or 47 stone
- Ceiling track hoists can transport weights of up to 250kg or 39 stone
Will I be able to use the controls?
Yes, there are ergonomic controls for people with limited finger dexterity.
Trouble bending my knees, can I still have a stairlift?
We have the perfect solution when users have limited knee or hip flexion. Our surveyors can discuss any concerns and look at different options with you, such as a perch seat or a lift where you may travel up the stairs backwards. Just
Am I eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)?
Depending on the funds you have available to you, you may get a grant from your Council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home. Please note that these are means tested. For more information please visit www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants