Do I need a stairlift?
Stairlifts provide safety and comfort for anyone experiencing difficulty using a staircase. They provide access to areas that have often become unreachable, giving users back their sense of freedom.
I am quite tall, can I fit on a stairlift?
Yes. Seats are adjustable to suit different heights.
Can a stairlift take my weight?
- Straight stairlifts can transport weights of up to 160kg or 25 stone
- Curved track stairlifts can transport weights of up to 165kg or 26 stone
- Through-floor lifts can transport weights of up to 250kg or 39 stone
- External lifts can transport weights of up to 300kg or 47 stone
- Ceiling track hoists can transport weights of up to 240kg or 38 stone
Will I able to use the controls?
Yes, ergonomic controls mean that the stairlift can be operated by users with limited dexterity.
I have trouble bending my knees, can I still have a stairlift?
Our surveyor can discuss any concerns and look at different options with you, such as a perch seat or a lift where you may travel up the stairs backwards, which is the perfect solution when users have issues with bending their knees or have hip problems.
Am I eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)?
Depending on the funds you have available to you, you may get a grant from your Council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home. Please note that these are means tested. For more information please visit www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants